Operations Manager job in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent, United Kingdom | Job ID: 628194
Location: Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent
What is the purpose of this role?
- Supervise, manage and coordinate all drainage, scheme, structure, tunnel and surfacing jobs assigned to the Assistant Site Managers team to ensure increased operational productivity and improved quality of services delivered.
- Ensure service delivery meets defined key performance indicators while driving best practices and continuous improvements in cost control and productivity.
- Role models of the Freedom to Perform vision to provide the best possible service to the customer, customers and our employees.
- Communicate effectively and cooperatively with the customer.
- Monitor all aspects of program work performance and continuously identify opportunities to improve both efficiency and customer service.
- Ensure all areas of budget accountability are met and OPMs are met, and highlight any variances between budget and actual. Development, implementation and monitoring of action plans to resolve deviations.
What does this role entail?
. Develop and shape operational delivery team in alignment with broader Amey strategy to deliver account-wide “right first time” service.
· Conduct accident investigations to determine the root cause and learning points for all accidents that occur to ensure they do not recur
Conducting SEHAUC audits and VFLs on gangs and subcontractors to ensure work is being carried out safely, to required standards and in accordance with the work programme. Provide technical support to Assistant Site Managers as needed
· Contact OCR about staff availability to ensure resources and work are correctly allocated
· Ensure that on-site employee absenteeism, discipline and grievance policies are followed, including investigations, disciplinary procedures and reviews as necessary.
Arrange training for employees as required and in accordance with the training matrix
· Ensure compliance with operator license and EA permits.
· Ensure efficient management of resources, employees, fleet, suppliers and subcontractors
· Manage supplier relationships (often outsourced/subcontracted).
what are we looking for
Full UK driving license
Experience leading front-line teams in fast-paced operational environments dealing with all elements of people management including attendance and performance.
Previous experience with motorway maintenance contracts
Competent and experienced user of Microsoft Office. Working with Excel and general IT skills
Team Management Skills
Customer Relationship Skills
Participation in emergency and winter service
Willingness to work nights and weekends
Previous experience with larger program work.
Learn how to manage the performance of OPMs
Experience in Chapter 8 and Traffic Management on High Speed Roads Personal Profile Behavioral Competencies
To have SMSTS or SSSTS
Relevant civil engineering qualifications desirable, either HND or degree.
Amey is one of the top five providers of support services in the UK. We employ 14,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong order book. Every household in the UK benefits from our work. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defense perimeter, escort prisoners safely and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste and provide utility services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities, using technical design and data analysis to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us you can really be yourself because your individuality is an enrichment. You are surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and take on new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction and well-being. There will be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. They are stretched but always supported. Whether you’re working on the largest bridge in the country, learning about the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
Our rewards make us feel valued here at Amey. When you are happy you will think better. It’s a simple formula, but one that makes your wellbeing a top priority. That’s why we’ve worked hard to build a rewards and benefits program that puts you first, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Extraordinary development and progress plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- At least 24 days vacation + public holidays
- Additional holiday purchase program
- Cycle to Work program
- gym membership
- retail discounts.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Please contact our recruitment team to discuss any access requirements and reasonable adjustments that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.