Police search for mother-of-two who went missing walking dog

Police search for mother-of-two who went missing walking dog


The child slept on the floor of the community building after staff “went home” and the homeless family was “locked up” for 4 hours

A family seeking help from the council claims they were abandoned and “locked up” at a civic center – with a child forced to sleep under a desk. Tiffany Powell, 26, and partner Steven Bartlett, 29, were stranded for four hours after saying staff let them inside and locked the doors. The couple documented their ordeal at Harrow Council’s Civic Center in Greater London with their children Elliot, five, and Vanessa, two, and posted it online. The family said they were evicted from their rented home on January 25 after complaining of “mold, dampness, leaks, water in the electrical system and multiple fire hazards.” Tiffany said, “My daughter and I arrived at the civic center at 1 p.m. after the bailiff took the keys to our home.” My partner then picked my son up from school and they also joined us at the civic center. “We were there asking for help with our current situation but when it hit 5pm the staff we had been relying on just walked out, locked the door and went home leaving us alone for four hours Video footage shows the building’s reception area empty, doors locked and the family stranded without food while Elliot napped under a desk and Vanessa in the stroller. “This resulted in our kids sleeping under the desk and my son’s stroller sitting on the floor because he had nowhere else to sit and he was tired from a long day at school,” Tiffany added. “Our daughter fell asleep in her stroller. There was no room for a bed so this was the best option available as we didn’t want our two children to sleep on the floor. “We didn’t want our son on the floor but had nothing, not even a seat, to offer him as Harrow Council staff were unresponsive to our situation. “This floor is walked on by a lot of people during the day who come from who knows where – and who knows what kind of germs are walking on the soles of their shoes.” At around 9pm that night, emergency shelter was finally found for the family after spending eight hours in the Civic Center with four of them “locked up” inside. When housing officials were able to facilitate emergency accommodation at a Travelodge bed and breakfast, a security guard came to let them out. After spending the night in the emergency shelter, the family returned to the community center in the morning and was able to secure another night in a hotel. Tiffany is a stay-at-home mom caring for both children, and Steven was laid off from work due to an injury. The couple rented from a private landlord who they say has not maintained the property adequately, citing “mold, damp, leaks, water in the electrical system and multiple fire hazards.” Tiffany said she was evicted for raising concerns about the condition of the home, which was followed by a prohibitive rent increase. The family are trying to find permanent accommodation in the area but have been offered a place in Northampton, East Midlands, over 50 miles away. Tiffany added: “Harrow Council has done nothing but make unrealistic offers for premises in Northampton to take my son and daughter away from their poor father and take my son away from his education support, which he has already been diagnosed with anxiety and is making progress has it.” The family fell victim to the subsistence crisis, with rising inflation and rising prices for basic necessities. She added, “Due to the current inflation, I’m having trouble renting privately now.” There’s also the problem that I’m dealing with where I was forced to replace many items that were brand new due to mold and moisture, where I had to dispose of or risk my child’s health.” Tiffany is now looking for work to support the family income and to maintain and keep them afloat during this time while they search for a new home D The family is currently residing at Steven’s parents’ home. Tiffany added, “My immediate plans are to secure a local council property or private rental and have a safe home for my children where they can grow up free of the negative experiences they are currently going through.” Harrow Council’s press office has said the doors were not locked and security officers were nearby. The council stated that the family could not leave the center because the automation of the security service outside the office was switched off e hours. A spokesman said, “We can confirm that the family was not confined to the Civic Center.” While video appears to show this, the family was able to walk freely and were assisted by our security team, while housing officers helped find them suitable emergency shelter . “Officials continue to support the family during this stressful time. “Later this month we will close the Civic Center and open a new customer center at 6 Gayton Road for people at risk of homelessness or who have concerns about vulnerable residents. This will help us improve the customer experience.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *